A healthy and filling dish with oriental flavours
Main Serves 4
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan-assisted/gas mark 6. Mix the miso paste with 1 tablespoon of mirin.
2. Drizzle the sesame oil over the aubergine wedges. Cover them in the miso marinade and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Put into a roasting dish and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don't burn.
3. Meanwhile, slice the beef and coat in a mix of the cornflour and Chinese 5 spice. Heat the sesame oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok. Once the oil begins to smoke, add the beef, peppers, pak choi and spring onions. Fry quickly for about 2–3 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the mirin, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Cook for a further minute to glaze the meat and vegetables.
5. Serve the beef on a bed of rice with the pak choi and aubergines.
Published 23 May 2018
The humble Brussels gets a reboot in this fresh salad
Summer flavours abound in these mouthwatering creations straight from the Taste Buds kitchen
The perfect dessert for summer entertaining
An exotic feast of sweet and savoury flavours
A quick and easy summer tostada recipe
Try this delicious, seasonal dessert